Energy fascinates me. The thought that we are all “energy” makes sense…in a way. We’re all fueled by ‘something’. Of course many different schools of thought on energy exist. Let us take a look at a few:
Energy – In physics, energy (Greek: ἐνέργεια energeia “activity, operation”) is an indirectly observed quantity. It is often understood as the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems. Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length.
Energy – Mental or psychic energyor activity is the conceptof a principle of activity powering the operation of the mind or psyche. Many modern psychologists or neuroscientists would equate it with increased metabolism in neurons of the brain.
Energy – The term energy has been widely used by writers and practitioners of various esoteric forms of spirituality and alternative medicine to refer to a variety of phenomena. Such “energy” is often seen as a continuum that unites body and mind. The term “energy” also has a scientific context, and the scientific foundations of “physical energy” are often confused or misused to justify a connection to a scientific basis for physical manifestations, properties, detectability or sensing of “psychic energy” and other physic phenomenon where no presently known scientific basis exists. It is sometimes conceived of as a universal life force running within and between all things, as in some forms of vitalism, doctrines of subtle bodies or concepts such as qi, prana, or kundalini. Spiritual energy is often closely associated with the metaphor of life as breath – the words ‘qi’, ‘prana’, and ‘spirit’, for instance, are all related in their respective languages to the verb ‘to breathe’. Sometimes it is equated with the movement of breath in the body, sometimes described as visible “auras“, “rays”, or “fields” or as audible or tactile “vibrations”. These are often held to be perceptible to anyone, though this may be held to require training or sensitization through various practices.
Whoa…freaky, right? Did I lose you? Come on back…take a deep breath. OK, here’s what I thing about energy – there’s definitely something to it and I’m open to learn more. I don’t have exhausted evidence of all kinds of ‘energy’ working in my life, but I have enough to be open-minded. How many of us have felt a negative or positive energy about another person at some point in our lives? I think our whole country has gone through both negative and positive times (usually associated with the economy, since we have made money energy in our bountiful capitalistic society).
I have personally felt subtle energy shifts in my own life, which is why I’m interested in learning more. Some people claim amazing results from energy healings, chakra cleanings, etc. I attended a free seminar on energy healing once and found it very interesting. They offered each attendee an energy healing session, lasting a few minutes (although one could say the entire time was an energy session). I didn’t feel a rush of ecstasy or welling up of emotions during my session. However, the remainder of my day was pretty darn good. My spirits were up, felt a bit floaty yet confident and purposeful. My first thought was: sure, it’s psychosomatic. Then I immediately thought, so what if it is? I feel good, don’t I?
We all put up a good fight (thanks to our egos), nobody wants to look stupid or feel like they are having one pulled over on them. But if you open your mind and take positive actions to FEEL better and it works, why question it just because the rest of society does? Have an open mind.
I read an interesting article on this topic via the Huffington Post called “It’s All Energy” by Vaishali…here are the highlights:
- Everything is energy. Atoms vibrating at different frequencies form matter. In the physical world the only thing separating a chair from a rock is their rate of vibration. Even non-physical entities such as thoughts, memories, feelings, love and fear are forms of energy with their own frequency and magnetic signature as well.
- Awareness, what are we giving our attention to, is the most life-altering form of energy available to us. It is our awareness that has the greatest influence on the body, our perceptions and emotions.
- The sequence is: thoughts attract emotions that, if unresolved, may cause physical problems. Unresolved emotions build up and become increasingly exacerbated by what you habitually give your attention to. Thoughts fuel the emotional fire.
- The inner narrative and dialogue you are running, your so-called “story,” attracts toxic emotions that in turn accumulate in the body and poison it, if you do not release them. If you keep reliving a negative experience, or one your awareness considers negative, it will make you sick.
- Spiritual Law: you are what you love, and you love whatever you are giving your attention to. All the energies that make up physical human life are fundamentally organized and vibrate according to what you give your attention to and how you feel about what you give your attention to.
- The body, emotions and perceptions are giving you the results they are under the impression you want based exclusively on your awareness.
- The old saying, “We have seen the enemy and it is us,” has never been truer when it comes to what we habitually give our attention to. We invite, accumulate and aggravate our miseries according to what we give our attention to.
- Conversely we also heal, overcome and breakthrough life’s challenges according to our awareness. The empowering aspect of this situation is that what lives in an unlimited, Heavenly place is only as far away as what we are focusing on.
There you go…believe what you want. All I suggest is that you have an open mind. What about you folks who have experience in energy working in your life? Share your story with us in the comment section below…inspire us…